MegaFon has come a long way since its entry into the Russian telecoms market over 27 years ago. These years have seen a fundamental change in the mobile telecommunications industry, both in technology development and in customer needs. Throughout its history, MegaFon has followed a path of smart growth and innovative technology deployment not only in technological solutions, but also in marketing, internal processes, and customer relations.
Establishment of the first pan-Russian federal telecommunications operator
Period of active growth and development
Innovative technology development and investment in reinforcing leadership
Focus on a balanced approach to investment in business development and efficient growth
In May 2017, MegaFon presented its new “Driving the Digital World” strategy for 2017–2020
MegaFon transforms from a traditional telecoms operator into a national provider of digital opportunities and a leader both in the Russian and global telecoms market
MegaFon completes its threeyear strategy cycle and is headed towards new heights in customer focus, high-quality growth, and stakeholder value creation
Spanning the entire Russian Federation, MegaFon is a provider of digital opportunities and a leader in the Russian and global telecommunications markets.
We provide IT and telecommunications services across all key areas, including mobile and fixed-line services, mobile and broadband internet, digital TV and OTT services, innovative digital products and services across Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data analytics and processing, cloud solutions, cyber security, financial services, digital advertising and marketing, e-commerce, and converged IT solutions in systems integration.
Through the development of cutting-edge technologies, we are bringing opportunities for our customers, partners and society at large to new elevations .
Become a digital market leader and firstchoice data provider for individuals and businesses by offering top-of-the-line digital products and services
MegaFon combines all areas of the IT and telecommunications industry:
Telecoms operator covering all segments of the telecommunications market across Russia
develops innovative products and services
provides broadband and fixed-line services
federal operator of high-speed internet, voice and SMS services
universal telecoms operator for the B2B market and commercial real estate facilities
management of the Group’s tower infrastructure
responsible for retail business, sales of communication equipment and services, customer service
provides comprehensive innovative projects, digital solutions, and platforms for implementing Digital Economy initiatives
low orbit satellite systems providing high data speeds
video service producing content for a digital environment
As the leader in the Russian telecommunications industry, MegaFon is able to contribute significantly to achieving the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Offering digital solutions for remote IoT-based health monitoring
- Developing our own telemedicine products
- Supporting talented young people and technological innovations
- Developing technical skills through educational programmes and training involving MegaFon experts
- Creating high-skill jobs in areas such as Big Data, ICT, and IoT
- Driving economic growth and helping improve the quality of life
- Providing affordable retail communications services and a telecommunications infrastructure for industrial customers
- Developing innovative mobile and digital services
- The total number of subscribers disclosed previously in our Annual Reports differs from those presented in this Report due to a change in the methodology for calculating the number of users who do not use mobile services.
- According to Ookla®, MegaFon provides the fastest mobile internet in Russia: the average download speed exceeded 32.79 Mbit/s and the average upload speed was 13.22 Mbit/s. Ookla® runs its independent survey globally on an annual basis: the results are based on over 2.9 million speed tests run in the first half of 2020 via the Speedtest app on mobile devices owned by Russian users. MegaFon has been topping Ookla’s ranking since 2017.